What is Melt-blown Fabric
Melt-blown fabric is a non-woven fabric made by melt blown method with high MFI (1200/1500/1800 g/10min, Condition 2.16kg, 230°C) PP as the main raw material.
The melt blown method is a spinning method that uses a high-speed hot air flow to rapidly stretch, solidify, and shape a polymer melt that has just been extruded. The advantage is that the process flow is short, and the non-woven fabric can be directly produced by spinning.
The fiber diameter of the melt-blown cloth can reach 1 to 5 microns. With many voids, fluffy structure, and good fold resistance, these ultra-fine fibers with unique capillary structure increase the number and surface area of fibers per unit area, thus making the melt-blown cloth have good filtering, shielding, heat insulation, and oil absorption.
The most important reason why the melt-blown fabric is much better than ordinary non-woven fabrics is the electret treatment. Through electret treatment, the PP melt-blown fabric is charged with static electricity, which can effectively absorb and block viruses.
Melt-blown Fabric Applications
• Medical and sanitary cloths: surgical gowns, protective clothing, sterilization wraps, masks, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc.
• Fabrics for home decoration: wall stickers, tablecloths, bed sheets, bed covers, etc.
• Cloth for clothing: lining, adhesive lining, flakes, shaped cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics, etc.
• Industrial fabrics: filter materials, HEPA filter, insulating materials, cement bags, geotextiles, covering fabrics, etc.
• Agricultural cloth: crop protection cloth, seedling raising cloth, irrigation cloth, thermal insulation curtain, etc.
• Others: space cotton, thermal insulation and sound insulation materials, linoleum, cigarette filter, tea bags, etc.
Process Flow of Melt-blown Production Line
The melt-blown process uses high-speed hot air to draw a thin stream of polymer melt extruded from the die orifice, thereby forming ultra-fine fibers and condensing on the screen or roller, and relying on self-adhesion and become a non-woven fabric.
The process flow is:
Polymer mixing -> Melt extrusion -> Filter -> Melt pump -> Die -> Electret treatment -> Winding system
- Resin Dryer/Resin Transfer Machine
- Screw Extruder
- Gear Pump Unit
- Heating System for Hot Air
- Melt-blown Box (T-Die, Distribution, Spinneret)
- Collection Device (Conveyor or Drum)
- Winding Machine
- High-voltage Electrostatic Electret Device